Are jelly donuts allowed in the barracks, Private Pyle?

Posted at 2:00 PM by Abi Za
This morning, I went to see my rheumatologist.  Just a checkup, and overall I'm doing fine.  Blood work looked good, BP is normal.  I really like my doctor.  She's nice, informative, and chatty, but I get the feeling she did her residency at the Lubyanka.

The range of motion check she did had me in stress positions and trying to move my limbs in ways I can never remember moving them prior to coming to see her.  However, after getting me to admit to being a party to two counter-revolutionary plots, she pronounced my health to be generally acceptable.

One problem - weight.  Yes, my tubby self has gained back most of the weight I lost last year.  I got the standard wide body lecture from her, especially about my eating and exercise habits.


Looks like all those Girl Scout cookies I ordered last month are going to have to be given away or put up for a long time.  I'm already looking at schedules with Irish Woman to figure out when I won't inconvenience the family by going to the Y to work out.  Luckily, Girlie Bear wants to do an aerobics/dance class a few nights a week, so I can take her and work out while she's in her class.

What has me snuffling is the thought of cutting way back on all the foods that make life worth living.  Bacon, sausage, beer, ice cream.  Sniff.  And those Samoas and Tagalongs are going in the cupboard to be dolled out in school lunches and such.  I'm going to be going to a steady diet of fiber and fruit.  Have I mentioned how much I hate oatmeal?

Related Post



0 comments:

Post a Comment