Fanboi-ness notched up a tad

Posted at 7:13 PM by Abi Za
A few weeks ago I realized I had the oldest computer in the house. My daily use computer was a first generation Mac Mini that I ordered the day they announced the line. It was speedy enough when I bought it in 2005, but it was really showing it's age when I tried to use Open Office or open a lot of tabs in Firefox. Since it's a G4 Mac, a lot of newer software flat won't run on it.

Yesterday I rectified that situation. Girlie Bear and I went to the Apple store and walked out with a new MacBook. 2gb of RAM, 250gb hard drive.  It's definitely got the horsepower to do the word processing, web surfing, and IRC chatting that I use a computer for 95% of the time, and should do just fine with the other 5% too.

So early Merry Christmas to me.

Related Post



0 comments:

Post a Comment